What you need to know:
Knowledge Base allows school districts to create an editable bank of informational articles in one central location. This bank can easily be shared across multiple communications channels — including web pages, within the Let’s Talk platform, and alongside the Let’s Talk Assistant chatbot.
Launching on Oct. 18, Let’s Talk Knowledge Base will help you:
- Deflect tickets: Solve problems before they ever hit your inbox by providing customers with 24/7/365 access to answers to frequently asked questions.
- Consolidate information: Ensures consistency of messaging and information with a shared knowledge base that provides access to the latest facts and information.
- Save time: Equip school staff with resources that help them easily respond to common questions so they can focus on more complex, nuanced tasks.
Request your demo today to see how Knowledge Base can help your district save time and streamline communications.
Less inbound questions, more time for students
The number of questions and concerns coming in from parents and your community are overwhelming.
And, with the COVID-19 pandemic and evolving needs of families, information and policies are constantly changing. This makes it a challenge for staff to answer questions quickly and consistently — especially when information is stored in multiple systems that constantly need updating.
On Oct. 18, K12 Insight is launching Let’s Talk Knowledge Base — which makes it easy for districts to create and share articles that help support staff through access to standard, consistent information and ticket deflection. Ticket deflection is the practice of providing customers with resources to find the answers to their questions without having to wait for a staff member to help them.
This new feature gives you an easier way to manage and answer common questions so your staff members have more time to focus on serving students.
Using Knowledge Base, school districts can create an editable bank of informational articles in one central location that can easily be shared across multiple communications channels, such as their website, within the Let’s Talk platform, and alongside their chatbot.
Freeing up staff time for what matters most: student success
From device and connectivity issues to concerns about bus routes and cafeteria meals, school districts receive hundreds, even thousands, of similar questions each week. An internal review of data from over 80 school districts nationwide last year revealed tickets increased 3.5 times during the back-to-school season.
Knowledge Base allows school districts to reduce the volume of inbound stakeholder dialogues by as much as 60% — freeing up staff time, reducing duplicative efforts, and helping stakeholders quickly find answers to frequently asked questions.
School districts tell us they spend as much as 60% of their time just routing tickets. Knowledge Base increases productivity and reduces costs by saving staff time and reducing repetitive tasks — like routing tickets and typing answers to the same question several times a week — through pre-built responses to commonly asked questions.
By automatically providing stakeholders with detailed information about their common questions and concerns, staff can focus on what matters most: student success.
Deflecting tickets for easy answers
Many districts have attempted to automate customer service by building backend IT ticketing solutions. However, these solutions are often either underbuilt or overbuilt and don’t include functionality to effectively service the needs of all stakeholders.
At its core, Knowledge Base is all about ticket deflection. We built Knowledge Base after conversations with IT leaders, communications teams, operations teams and others who said they needed a way to share more complex information to help answer questions coming in from parents, students, staff, and others.
Many districts have several different web pages maintained by different teams to answer questions often asked by families, teachers, and staff. This makes it tough to provide fast answers to families while maintaining consistent and up-to-date information.
Knowledge Base reduces service time to a matter of minutes by providing approved answers to commonly asked questions before stakeholders submit a question through Let’s Talk.
Knowledge Base also allows you to:
- Assign articles to a topic within Let’s Talk.
- Make articles available in additional languages to help provide equitable service to families.
- Embed individual sections of your district’s Knowledge Base onto web pages (such as IT or transportation-specific articles) to ensure updated information is always available.
- Delegate maintenance of sections of your Knowledge Base to the appropriate staff members.
- Consolidate information in one place, allowing it to be linked to the website and within Let’s Talk in different ways to ensure everyone always has access to the latest facts and information.
- Research answers, find updated information, and formulate responses.