Since 2020, the Let’s Talk Assistant chatbot has been helping school districts around the country provide superior customer service 24-7. We’ve been inspired by the way our district partners have adopted Let’s Talk Assistant and are using it to serve their school communities.
At K12 Insight, our goal is to help make that work easier.
We’re proud to introduce Let’s Talk Assistant 3.0, which includes updates that make it simpler for everyone on your team to work together to provide a positive experience for every student, parent, teacher, and community member.
Let’s Talk Assistant 3.0 is based on feedback and suggestions from our district partners. We surveyed Let’s Talk Assistant users and found the most desired changes included:
- Search functionality for FAQ pages and the Optimization Table
- Ability to move FAQs across categories
- Ability to “file away” questions in the Optimization Table if they do not require action
We’ve built all of these features into Let’s Talk Assistant 3.0!
Find FAQs quickly and easily
Instead of looking through the individual FAQ section to find your intended FAQ, you can now search for FAQs, FAQ Answers, and Alternative Phrases by keyword using a convenient search bar.
Move FAQs to new sections with ease
Instead of moving an FAQ to a new location by deleting and recreating it in its new section, you can now transfer FAQs to different categories with just a few simple clicks. Just open the desired FAQ, click “Move to a new section” and choose the new location.
Say “No, thanks” to spam
With a simple click, mark unwanted chats as “spam” to automatically move them to a separate spam folder. Chats can be viewed later by selecting “Spam” under the filter function.
Prioritize your workload with a new “ignore” function
“Ignore” chats in the Optimization Table to dismiss them from view. When it’s time to address the chat, If there are chats that do not need immediate action, simply ignore them and come back to them later.
Additional changes and new features
We’ve also implemented improvements to the interface of the “Redirect FAQ” pop-up window from the Optimization Table, including a search bar that will help you locate FAQs by keyword.
Additional exciting features of Let’s Talk Assistant 3.0 include:
- The Optimization Table can now be accessed under Let’s Talk Assistant Settings, meaning you can toggle between the FAQ Settings page and the Optimization Table.
- Alternative Phrases and Answers will now be collapsed by default to keep the view clear and organized.
- You can now add alternative phrases when creating new FAQs directly from the Optimization Table, meaning you won’t need to revisit “FAQ Settings” to add alternative phrases once an FAQ is created.
Overall, system administrators will now have an easier time finding, adding, editing, and reorganizing FAQs, redirecting chats in the optimization table, and generally training the chatbot.
Let’s Talk Assistant 3.0 will help your district manage its chatbot with greater ease, allowing even more time for staff to assist with complex stakeholder issues — boosting efficiency just in time for the new school year.