K12 Insight’s Full Service offering is our most comprehensive, systematic approach, which allows you to take a proactive — rather than ad hoc and reactionary — approach towards building a stakeholder engagement solution to boost trust capital.
Just as school districts have embraced their responsibilities toward students in such areas as food and transportation services, so must you consider stakeholder trust a necessary component of providing students with the highest-quality educational experience. Leaving stakeholder trust to chance is not an option.
The core components of K12 Insight’s Full Service solution are:
- Helping districts make a commitment to greater transparency, by providing every stakeholder with the chance to provide input on all critical decisions.
- Helping districts customize a calendar of communication-focused surveys for each stakeholder group. We show you how to replace ad hoc and reactive surveys with proactive plans for engaging parents, teachers, staff, students and community members. And, by creating and publishing a survey calendar, you avoid either over-surveying or under-surveying
- Helping districts set proper expectations on the use of survey findings. Every question in every survey can create expectations in the minds of survey participants, with many participants mistaking a survey for a referendum. Building trust requires setting proper expectations from the start.
- Helping districts design questionnaires that facilitate authentic two-way dialogue. Inviting public input without providing the right context is unfair to the issues under consideration. Designing a questionnaire with the intent of capturing the public’s input and growing trust requires a different approach than simply conducting a poll on a single issue.
- Helping districts analyze, interpret and understand the findings of each survey. Numbers alone are not enough to tell the entire story. Sometimes it is necessary to know how your peer districts are faring on a particular issue. In many cases, where you are going (the longitudinal trend) is more important than where you are in any one year.
- Helping districts communicate findings with parents, teachers, students and community members. “Closing the loop” by clearly communicating what changes your stakeholders can expect based on survey findings is essential for trust-building.
To learn more about our Full Service Solution, see How We Work.